Today governments and regulators can have significant impact on the economic value of life science companies. In particular for rare diseases and curative therapies, policy makers have a significant impact on access to innovative care. We support our clients in aligning common interests of all relevant stakeholders to pragmatically drive healthcare systems towards greater sustainability and improved access to innovation.
Our work ensures that the client’s interests are represented on a proactive basis where possible and reactive where appropriate, protecting and enhancing their visibility, presence and reputation. We co-ordinate activities across client functions enabling the sharing of best practices, providing updates on government issues that impact policy initiatives, ensuring that strategic priorities are being followed and supporting representation and participation with appropriate industry associations.
Specifically, we support our clients with:
- developing and implementing government affairs and public policy strategies at regional and local levels
- aligning country government affairs and public policy strategies to regional strategies through co-creation and co-development
- leading the monitoring of EU policy developments with impact at the EU level and country level
- co-ordinating the sharing of information, policy updates, and best practices
- supporting and leading, where appropriate, client representation and participation with relevant stakeholders with a particular focus on promoting a positive presence for our client amongst key stakeholders
- developing and implementing a government affairs strategy to position them as a leader in rare diseases or curative therapies, and a partner and thought leader with governments to enhance and support timely access to their innovative medicines
- monitoring the policy environment with the goal of providing management with sophisticated information and insights on dealing with developments in the business environment
- working with academics, think tanks and other thought leaders on how to introduce new treatments while respecting the sustainability of the healthcare system